Are you fed up with deodorants that never seem to work? There are tons of deodorants out there and the vast majority of them don’t help at all. They might be useful to those with little to mild underarm sweating, but not for those with excessive sweating.
There are a few deodorants worth trying. Some of them are so strong that they have to be ordered online. Some of them may even require a prescription depending on where you live.
Effective deodorants fall into two categories:
• Aluminum based
The aluminum based deodorants are the most effective. They are very strong. However, they’re not ideal for someone with extremely sensitive skin. The natural deodorants work more gently. They have natural ingredients such as tea tree oil, lemon juice, grapefruit seed extract, and aloe vera.
Here is a list of the most effective deodorants. Some of them contain aluminum chloride and some of them contain only natural ingredients.
• This doctor-recommended product only needs to be applied a few times a week. It’s so powerful that one application can last up to three days!
• Certain-Dri is available in both 12% and 25% aluminum chloride. There’s a new Underarm Refresher that can be applied in the morning. It can be used as a supplemental product for extra protection against odor.
• Certain-Dri has been approved as safe by the US Food and Drug Administration. Many doctors recommend it over any other deodorant!
Arm & Hammer Essentials
• There are a few choices for this natural deodorant. You can select the unscented formula or the formula with a fresh scent.
• Its primary ingredient is baking soda. Baking soda is a well-known remedy for excessive sweating. It absorbs the sweat and keeps the armpits dry.
• Arm & Hammer Essentials also has essential oils which keep the skin conditioned. If you have sensitive skin, then this deodorant is a good choice for sweating help. It’s also the lowest-priced deodorant in this list!
Adidas Cotton Tech Women Deodorant (Aluminum Free)
• This Adidas deodorant is ideal for women with sensitive skin. It’s aluminum free so it won’t cause itching or irritation. Its effectiveness has been tested by dermatologists.
• Instead of aluminum, Adidas Cotton Tech contains, well… what else but cotton fibers? The cotton fibers form a layer of protection on the skin, which absorbs perspiration so that you feel dry and clean.
Drysol Solution Extra Strong Antiperspirant
• Just one bottle of Drysol can last for up to 6 months! All it takes is a few drops at bedtime. It contains 20% aluminum chloride hexahydrate. This makes it one of the strongest antiperspirants out there.
• Drysol can also help with foot sweating. Just apply a tiny bit onto your feet. It dries almost instantly.
• Keep in mind that the 20% aluminum chloride Drysol requires a prescription in some places. If you’re not sure if it’s for you, you can try the milder version without a prescription. It contains only 6.25% aluminum chloride. Since it’s mild, it can be used on the face to prevent facial sweating.
Secret Clinical Strength Antiperspirant and Deodorant
• Secret Clinical Strength Antiperspirants and Deodorants are available for different body chemistries. The Sport antiperspirant is ideal for athletes who work out a lot. The Sensitive antiperspirant is ideal for those who are prone to skin rashes.
• The Original formula suits most people. It’s available with two scents: powder and light and fresh. You can also choose whether you want a solid, roll-on, or aerosol.
Extra Strong Maxim Antiperspirant/Deodorant Clinical Strength
• Hundreds of clinics around the world recommend Maxim antiperspirant. Each application can last up to 72 hours.
• This aluminum-based product is solid and unscented. It’s invisible and doesn’t leave flaky bits on the armpits. If you want a scent, you can apply a regular deodorant in the morning after the Maxim antiperspirant has dried.
Give these a try to see which one(s) work best for you! You won’t have to worry about wet armpits again.